Architectural Drawing in SoftPlan 12
Using SoftPlan 12, use the Draw tool to create four 10" Block (no footings) walls. The top of your screen is north. Using tape measure measure wall as follows: East & West walls: _____ feet, North & South walls: ______ feet. All walls heights are ________feet high. You must include: 1 door, 1 double door, windows on west side of room (imaginary, 4 windows equally spaced), ceiling, the 2' x 4' fluorescent lights from the suspended ceiling, HVAC grilles, grille, all desks,tables, all computer monitors and keyboards, filing cabinets, shelves, and the heating/cooling unit. Also include: garbage can, people, electrical outlets, clock, tv, back campus (grass, pavement, trees, fence) just on the other side of south wall, electrical panel, smoke detectors, baseboard heater?
Note: Create floor plan at ground level and not at basement level. DO not render 3D until I instruct you to how to do it it properly and not loose your plan.
Using Softplan, (If time permits)
1. Finish electricity & back campus on floor plan
2. Design a house attached to the south side of the classroom (you should be able to enter it from the south door). Include at least:
· Bedroom (include bed and window)
· Kitchen (include fridge, stove, sink)
· Living room or entertainment room (include seating and other items)
· Bathroom (include toilet, sink, and shower or bath)
· Dining area (include table, chairs, and appropriate lighting)
· Garage (include garage door, vehicle, and door to your house)
· Main entry from outside
· Lighting and electrical outlets throughout your home
· Exterior walls should be 2 x 4 Brick or 2 x 4 Siding. These are placed on your drawing with three clicks: Click one is the start of your wall, click two is the end of your wall, and click three is on one side of the wall or the other to indicate which side is facing “outside.”
· Interior walls should be 3.5" Partition walls, and are required around at least your bedroom and your bathroom (which will also require interior doors).
Fill out your measurements for your house, use tape measure.
Draw your house using SoftPlan 12. Be sure to draw all walls, doors, windows, floors, ceilings, lights, and roof. Also include as many furnishings and appliances as possible. You should include your main floor and at least one other floor (basement or 2nd storey). If you do not have a second floor, you may invent one using the guidelines set in class.
Sarnia Collegiate Institute & Technical School
275 Wellington St. - Sarnia, ON - N7T 1H1
519-336-6131 519-336-0220 (FAX)